Fueled Friday: The Dream Machine
With tons of winter squash in season right now, all we have on our mind this morning is this creamy and just sweet enough butternut squash smoothie bowl called "The Dream Machine”. Butternut squash is a good source of fiber, potassium, magnesium, and vitamin A! This bowl will set the mood for a perfect end to the long training week and a big weekend of miles ahead.
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup cooked butternut squash, mashed (can substitute another squash, whatever is locally available)
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or whatever your milk preference is)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp almond (or other nut) butter
1. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Scoop into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. We're going with blueberries, bananas, and raspberries today.
3. Scatter across the top of "The Dream Machine" bee pollen, yogurt, chia seeds, additional almond butter, drizzled with molasses or honey...really whatever your heart desires!
Recipe courtesy of Jason Gandzjuk of the Healthy Butler. Visit him on Instagram @the_healthy_butler for more recipe ideas or reach out to him for healthy coaching, pantry makeovers, and more online at www.healthybutler.me.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.