Fueled Friday: Squash Breakfast Hash
- 1 tablespoon favorite oil
- 1 small butternut squash, spiraled
- 1-2 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 1/2 avocado
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛-1/4 Teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1-2 organic eggs
- Optional garnishes: fresh dill and teriyaki sauce
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees, and heat a cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Melt the ghee in the pan, and add the squash noodles and kale.
- Season the vegetables with the ginger. onion, red pepper. Sprinkle in a dash of salt and pepper and stir.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in the coconut aminos, cover with a lid and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the noodles are softened.
- Flatten the noodles into the pan with the back of a spatula and make 4 wells with a spoon. Crack the eggs into the wells and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, until the egg whites are set.
Recipe courtesy of Jason Gandzjuk of the Specialized Exercise Coaching. Visit him on Instagram @specialized_exercise_coaching for more recipe ideas or reach out to him for healthy coaching, pantry makeovers, and more online at www.specializedhealthandexercise.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.