F U E L E D F R I D A Y is brought to you this week by our friend Annmarie, the FitFoodieMama. If you haven't already, go check our her awesome blog filled with amazing recipes perfect for runners!
This week, let's talk about hydration! As spring melts into summer, the heat is real. We know some of you are already struggling to stay hydrated as the temperature rises. In addition to the obvious choices (water, electrolytes, etc.), there are also more creative ways to hydrate. So, we wanted to show you a delicious and fun way to hydrate with these Nuun blueberry mint hydration popsicles!
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Nunn Hydration- they’re electrolyte tablets that are completely gluten, dairy and soy free. These portable tablets are packed with active ingredients like sodium, potassium and magnesium to keep you hydrated and alleviate muscle cramps. It’s like a portable sports drink…and now a popsicle.
Makes 6 popsicles
- 2 Tri Berry Nuun tabs
- 16 oz filtered water
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- fresh mint
- Dissolve 2 tabs of Tri Berry Nuun in a large glass or bottle along with 16 oz of filtered water.
- Pour Nuun into popsicle molds about 2/3rds of the way up then add 6-8 frozen blueberries and 1-2 fresh mint leaves. Top off with more Nuun if need be.
- Repeat to fill all 6 popsicle molds.
- Place in the freezer overnight.
- Remove the next day after a hot, long run and enjoy!
Check out Annmarie's blog and find the original recipe here!