F U E L E D F R I D A Y is all about the amazing, complete protein... quinoa! This delicious banana peach breakfast quinoa with cinnamon sugar pecans is the perfect pre or post-run breakfast and it is brought to you this week by our good friend, Robin at CaliGirl Cooking. Plus, it's easy to make and seriously satisfying. So, get that quinoa cooking and eat up!!
Banana Peach Breakfast Quinoa with Cinnamon Sugar Pecans
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil (liquid state)
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon (divided)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Sprinkle of salt
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vanilla coconut beverage (I use the Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 peaches, one diced (to mix into the quinoa) and one sliced (to top the quinoa)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and granulated sugar. In a medium bowl, combine pecans, coconut oil and cinnamon-sugar mixture. Toss until pecans are evenly coated in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place coated pecans on a small jelly roll pan and roast in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and add a small sprinkle of salt. Set aside.
- Add quinoa, coconut beverage and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Once mixture is boiling, reduce heat to low and cover saucepan with a lid. Let cook for 10-15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in maple syrup.
- Turn off heat and stir in diced peach and half of sliced bananas. Spoon into individual bowls and top with sliced peaches, the rest of the banana and cinnamon sugar pecans.
Save any extra cinnamon sugar pecans in an airtight container to use on salads and other delicious dishes!
The original recipe can be found here.
Leave a comment