F U E L E D F R I D A Y: ready to have your mind blown? Ok, just sit down and think about this: raw quinoa in granola. What?!?! Yes, that's right...
This super simple and delicious recipe comes from the amazing Dana over at Minimalist Baker. If you don't already follow Minimalist Baker on Instagram, we highly recommend it!
7-Ingredient Quinoa Granola
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Naturally sweetened, 7-ingredient quinoa granola with almonds and oats! A healthy, protein-packed breakfast or snack with a serious crunch.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast, snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
Serves: 7 (1/2 cup servings)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sub organic brown sugar, muscovado, or organic cane sugar)
- pinch sea salt
- 3 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Add oats, quinoa, almonds, coconut sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl - stir to combine.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently until the two are totally combined and there is no visible separation.
- Immediately pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir/toss the granola. Turn the pan around so the other end goes into the oven first (so it bakes evenly) and bake 5-10 minutes more. Watch carefully as to not burn. You'll know it's done when the granola is deep golden brown and very fragrant.
- Let cool completely before enjoying. Store leftovers in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Serving size: 1/2 cup (of 7 total servings) Calories: 332 Fat: 20.9 g Saturated fat: 6.3 g Carbohydrates: 30.8 g Sugar: 9.7 g Sodium: 38 mg Fiber: 5.4 g Protein: 9 g
Original recipe can be found here.