Did you know that spaghetti squash delivers super antioxidants such as vitamin A and C? Vitamin A is a powerful antioxidant that helps keep you skin radiant and is also essential for healthy eyesight, important for all of us. Spaghetti squash is a great substitute for pasta, so what are you waiting for? Give this simple roasted sweet potato stuffed spaghetti squash a spin!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet potatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced and roasted
- 1/4 cup organic mozzarella cheese
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut squash in half, scoop out and discard seeds. Brush with coconut oil and place flesh-side down in large baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat and add chopped sweet potatoes, basil and sea salt. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are well done.
- Lay sliced onions on a baking sheet, brush with coconut oil and sea salt. Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are nice and crisp.
- Remove squash from oven and shred with fork. Mix in mozzarella cheese and add sweet potatoes. Top with onions and basil. Enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Jason Gandzjuk of the Specialized Exercise Coaching. Visit him on Instagram @specialized_exercise_coaching for more recipe ideas or reach out to him for healthy coaching, pantry makeovers, and more online at www.specializedhealthandexercise.com
Leave a comment