Our favorite thing about smoothie bowls is you can enjoy them pretty much anytime of the day: breakfast, lunch, dinner, between meals, and of course even as dessert. Avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, making them a great nutrient-dense smoothie base. The creaminess of an avo smoothie is next level. Did you also know that the avocado is one of the few fruits that contains heart-healthy monounsaturated (good for you) fats? You're definitely going to want to give this smoothie bowl a spin...
- Splash of macadamia/oat/favorite milk
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp açaí powder
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Pour into your favorite bowl.
- Top with unsweetened coconut flakes, cocao nibs, raw pistachios, flax, and more chia seeds. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Jason Gandzjuk of the Specialized Exercise Coaching. Visit him on Instagram @specialized_exercise_coaching for more recipe ideas or reach out to him for healthy coaching, pantry makeovers, and more online at www.specializedhealthandexercise.com