Favorite quote: "To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
PRs: That's a bit hard for me since there is so much variation from course to course on the trails but here are a few:
Trail marathon: 3:13
Trail 50k: 4:30
- 2015 U.S. Skyrunning Series champion ultra distance
- First finisher of the Big Butts 100k (in July in Mississippi when it's a million degrees). It took several years for anyone to finish the 100k.
- I love racing in the heat.
- I'm a total sneakerhead and own probably 100 pairs of Nikes.
- Chocolate and steak are my favorite foods, although not together.
- Also, I couldn't live without coffee. And you don't want to talk to me in the morning until I've had a cup.
Nickname: Strawberry Shortcake
Birthday: August 25, 1989
Favorite movie: "The Blindside" and any other Sandra Bullock movie. Honestly I don't watch many movies, mostly live sports.
Proudest accomplishment: Spending the summer running in the San Juan Mountains and living in my Subaru! Winning the Skyrunner Series was great too.
Goals for 2016/17: Be competitive in the Skyrunning races including Broken Arrow 52k, Run the Rut 50k and Flagstaff 55k, never take for granted the fact that running is a privilege that God has given me which everyone does not have.
Favorite rabbit gear and why: My favorite top is the Race-Her-Back because it is so light and dries super quick, even in hot and humid conditions. My favorite bottoms are the Legs because the fit is awesome, and despite being a compression type short, it still offers the zipper pocket in the back and storage along the waistband.
Facebook: Sarah White-Woerner
Strava: Sarah Woerner