- “Run the first 3/4 with your head, and the last 1/4 with your heart.”
- “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” Haruki Murakami
- “Your body will argue that there is no justifiable reason to continue. Your only resource is to call on your spirit, which fortunately functions independently of logic.” Tim Noakes.
50 miles: 6:59:10 Mt. Hood ‘17
100k: 10:15:10 Sean O’Brien ‘18
100 miles: 20:04:38 Western States ‘18
- My favorite food is lettuce.
- I love animals especially my dog.
- I’ve been trail running since I was a kid, as far back as I can remember. I’ve never stopped throughout my life so far unless I had to recover from an injury.
- I love to do yoga.
- Being outside in nature and camping are my favorite activities. Along with laughing.
Nickname: my closest girlfriends call me Kit
: February 20, 1986 Favorite movie
: Zoolander, although I watched it too many times when I was younger that I can’t do it anymore!Proudest accomplishment
: Having the 8th fastest (recorded) female time in the 50 mile distance in 2017. Running my first 100 mile race when training wasn’t ideal. It taught me to trust myself and go for what I want no matter what.Goals for 2018
: To continue to make sure my past injuries don’t creep up again. Place well in The North Face 50 this November. To keep on loving this sport as much as I do and grow within my passion even more! To run a solid and speedy 50k this fall (still choosing one that works in my schedule) Favorite rabbit gear and why
: I love the freedom tank because I like a looser fit in my running clothing and the lady dukes because I like my shorts short and they fit me just right! Social media:
Facebook: Kate Elliott