F U E L E D F R I D A Y - So, did someone say protein brownies?! Yes, that's right. I mean, it's everything and then some. Our recipe this week is brought to you from our friend Annmarie, the FitFoodieMama. You have to check our her awesome blog filled with amazing recipes perfect for runners!
This recipe is perfect for a healthy dessert, but also for a protein-packed post-run treat. So go ahead, eat your heart out. We sure did.
double chocolate sweet potato protein brownies
- 1 large sweet potato steamed + mashed (skin removed), about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup Barney’s Cocoa Coconut Almond Butter (or any chocolate almond butter)
- 1 20 gram scoop Pro Alpha Nutrition Chocolate Protein Powder (or vegan chocolate protein powder)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/8 cup raw honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 1 flax egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (or vegan chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together mashed sweet potato, almond butter, protein powder, cacao powder, honey, flax egg and baking soda.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into an 8×8 baking dish. Batter will be thick so be sure to even it out.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and ENJOY!
1. Easiest way to soften sweet potato without boiling is in the microwave on high for approximately 5 minutes (stabbed with a fork and with a small slit on top).
2. Flax egg= 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp of water. Let sit until the consistency becomes yolky like an egg.
Original recipe can be found here.