F U E L E D F R I D A Y: ready to have your mind blown? Ok, just sit down and think about this: raw quinoa in granola. What?!?! Yes, that's right...
7-Ingredient Quinoa Granola
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Naturally sweetened, 7-ingredient quinoa granola with almonds and oats! A healthy, protein-packed breakfast or snack with a serious crunch.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast, snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
Serves: 7 (1/2 cup servings)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sub organic brown sugar, muscovado, or organic cane sugar)
- pinch sea salt
- 3 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Add oats, quinoa, almonds, coconut sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl - stir to combine.
- To a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently until the two are totally combined and there is no visible separation.
- Immediately pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir/toss the granola. Turn the pan around so the other end goes into the oven first (so it bakes evenly) and bake 5-10 minutes more. Watch carefully as to not burn. You'll know it's done when the granola is deep golden brown and very fragrant.
- Let cool completely before enjoying. Store leftovers in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Serving size: 1/2 cup (of 7 total servings) Calories: 332 Fat: 20.9 g Saturated fat: 6.3 g Carbohydrates: 30.8 g Sugar: 9.7 g Sodium: 38 mg Fiber: 5.4 g Protein: 9 g
Original recipe can be found here.